70 – 100'
15 – 25'
4 – 8
Light to dark green
Dawn redwood is a deciduous tree that grows in a conical shape up to 100’ tall. It is related to and closely resembles bald cypress and redwood. As the tree matures, the trunk broadens at the base and develops fluting. Bark on mature trees is often deeply fissured. It features feathery, fern-like foliage that is soft to the touch. Foliage emerges light green in spring, matures to deep green in summer and turns red-bronze in fall. Best grown in moist, well-drained soils in full sun. Best foliage color is in full sun. Appreciates consistent moisture. Tolerates some wet soils. This is a large tree that needs a large space. Excellent landscape specimen or street tree.
|METGLYAQT||DAWN REDWOOD 1QT||180||F19-S20*|
*see availability legend below
Learn About Our Grow Process
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 1QT = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- T Bedrun = 4 year old field grown bare root liners/bed run
When products are available
- FALL 2019 - SPRING 2020