30 – 40'
10 – 15'
3 – 7
An upright, dense pyramidal form often becoming broader with age. Typically plants have a single or multiple trunks. The foliage is flat, scale like and dark green turning bronze in winter. American Arborvitae prefer full sun but can tolerate partial shade. Plant in moist, well drained soil. This native species can tolerate wet and limestone soils. Often American Arborvitae is found growing in rock crevices in the wild. American Arborvitae shears exceptionally well and can be used as hedges, screens, groupings or specimens. There are many useful cultivars available for any landscape setting. Seed Source: Door County, Wisconsin.
|ARBAMEQTS||ARBORVITAE AMERICAN 18 CT TRAY 6-12in.||SOLD OUT||F20-S21*|
|ARBAME550||ARBORVITAE AMERICAN 50 CT GRO PLUG||SOLD OUT||F20-S21*|
|ARBAMEQTS||ARBORVITAE AMERICAN 18 CT TRAY 6-12in.||4208||F21-S22*|
|ARBAME550||ARBORVITAE AMERICAN 50 CT GRO PLUG||3900||F21-S22*|
*see availability legend below
Learn About Our Grow Process
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 18 Ct Tray = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- T Bedrun = 4 year old field grown bare root liners/bed run
When products are available
- FALL 2020 - SPRING 2021
- FALL 2021 - SPRING 2022