3 – 7
Glossy Dark Green With Silver Underside
Yezo Spruce has a broad upright to oval habit, similar to Norway spruce. Can grow to 120 feet, with glossy dark green needles with a silver underside. Recommended hardiness zones 3 – 7. Native to Russia, North Korea, China and Serbia. Intolerant to the heat and humidity of the deep south.
This species is native to Japan — the southern Kuriles and Hokkaido; in China — Heilongjiang province; North Korea; and Russia — Ussuri, Sakhalin, the Kuriles, and central Kamchatka. In Japan, it is found growing in subalpine forests at elevations of 125 to 3,500 feet (40 – 1,000 m) above sea level; in Russia, it occurs north along the Sea of Okhotsk coast to Magadan as “an ecological counterpart of Sitka spruce.”
Hardy to USDA Zone 5 — cold hardiness limit between -20° and -10°F (-28.8°C and -23.3°C). Plants with Russian or North Korean provenance will undoubtedly be up to 2 zones hardier.
Availability & Ordering
SPRUCE YEZO 6-12in. 18 CT TRAY
162 in stock (order online)
Next Season Availability
0 (call to order)
**Sign Up or Log In to See Pricing**
When ordering tray material, any 38 Ct and 50 Ct Evergreen Gro Plugs or 18 Ct cell liner trays, the order quantity must be in full tray increments.
- 7 trays of 50 Ct Gro Plugs would be 350 plants on the order line.
- 5 trays of 18 Ct trays would be 90 plants on the order line.
All bare root birch single stem must be ordered in increments of 10.
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 18 Ct Tray = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- Bare root birch = 1 year from seed or cutting
- F23 – S24
When products are available
- FALL 2023 – SPRING 2024