30' – 50'
20 – 30'
2 – 6
Black spruce is a small, conical, slow growing evergreen. It has descending branches, with dark, bluish-green needles, and upturned ends. Lower limbs will sweep the ground. It is an excellent choice for cold northern climates. Spruce need very little in the way of pruning. Tolerant of wet soils but prefers acidic, moist, well-drained soil and full sun. The cones are small, rounded, dark purple to red and appear in clusters at the top of the tree. Black spruce is attractive to birds & butterflies and makes a great shade tree.
|SPRBCKQTS||SPRUCE BLACK 6-12in. 18 CT TRAY||SOLD OUT||F20-S21*|
|SPRBCK550||SPRUCE BLACK 50 CT GRO PLUG||500||F21-S22*|
|SPRBCKQTS||SPRUCE BLACK 6-12in. 18 CT TRAY||SOLD OUT||F21-S22*|
|SPRBCKN01||SPRUCE BLACK #1 CONTAINER||SOLD OUT||F21-S22*|
*see availability legend below
Learn About Our Grow Process
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 18 Ct Tray = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- T Bedrun = 4 year old field grown bare root liners/bed run
When products are available
- FALL 2020 - SPRING 2021
- FALL 2021 - SPRING 2022