40 – 80'
25 – 30'
2 – 7
Pyramidal with pendulous branchlets
A fast growing pyramidal tree with pendulous or drooping branchlets. Norway Spruce is a tough plant. Needles emerge bright green in spring turning a glossy dark green. Plants prefer full sun and cool moist soil but are adaptable. The vigorous root system makes this an ideal rootstock plant for grafting superior Colorado Spruce cultivars. A large scale tree useful in open areas such as parks and golf courses. Note: Many of our customers use Norway Spruce for grafting rootstocks. A Gro-plug® can be potted into a 1quart pot and grown for a season, then grafted. Our liners develop a large cambium layer that makes for successful grafts. Seed source: Upper Michigan.
|SPRNORTBR4YR||SPRUCE NORWAY T BEDRUN FOUR YEAR OLD 12-18in.||SOLD OUT||F20-S21*|
|SPRNORQTS||SPRUCE NORWAY 8-18in. 18 CT TRAY||6778||F20-S21*|
|SPRNORN05||SPRUCE NORWAY #5 CONTAINER||SOLD OUT||F20-S21*|
|SPRNORN01||SPRUCE NORWAY #1 CONTAINER 12-18in.||SOLD OUT||F20-S21*|
|SPRNOR550||SPRUCE NORWAY 50 CT GRO PLUG||4||F20-S21*|
*see availability legend below
Learn About Our Grow Process
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 18 Ct Tray = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- T Bedrun = 4 year old field grown bare root liners/bed run
When products are available
- FALL 2020 - SPRING 2021