Glossy dark green
Nordmann Fir has a pyramidal form. Can grow to 100 feet, with glossy, dark green needles. Recommended hardiness zone 4.
The Caucasian fir is Native to the Caucasus mountains and northeastern Turkey. It grows at elevations of 3,000 to 7,200 feet above sea level on mountains with an annual rainfall of over 40 inches so it is best suited for a northern climate. It dislikes hot, dry summers and clay soils. It casts dense shade with branches that often reach the ground. It is easy to transplant and is one of the easier Abies sp. to grow. Leaves provide winter interest and a great backdrop to other landscape plants. The shoots are often pubescent (hairy). Commonly grown as a commercial Christmas tree, the wood is soft and white and is used for construction or as paper pulp.
Insects, Diseases, and Other Plant Problems: None serious. Balsam woolly adelgids, bark beetles, spruce budworms, aphids, bagworms, and scale. Cankers, heart rot, root rot, needle rust, and twig blight. Intolerant of urban pollution often damaged by deer.
Availability & Ordering
FIR NORDMANN 50 CT GRO PLUG
**Sign Up or Log In to See Pricing**
When ordering tray material, any 38 Ct and 50 Ct Evergreen Gro Plugs or 18 Ct cell liner trays, the order quantity must be in full tray increments.
- 7 trays of 50 Ct Gro Plugs would be 350 plants on the order line.
- 5 trays of 18 Ct trays would be 90 plants on the order line.
All bare root birch single stem must be ordered in increments of 10.
All bare root evergreen T Bedrun Four Year Old, minimum order is 25 plants per variety.
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 18 Ct Tray = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- T Bedrun = 4 year old field grown bare root liners/bed run
When products are available
- FALL 2022 – SPRING 2023