Pinus monophylla Torr. and Frem. (Singleleaf Pinyon)
Growth Characteristics: Pinyon pine is a 10 to 30 foot tall tree, growing in a pyramidal or spreading shape. It reproduces from seeds.
Flowers/Inflorescence: Cones. Unisexual, in clusters at the ends of branches. The male cones occurring in clusters of 20 to 40, dark red to purplish red to yellow. Female cones are solitary and purplish. Mature female cones appear as “pine cones”, light brown to tan in color with thick scales. The cones don’t mature until September of the second year.
Fruits/Seeds: Seeds are pine nuts.
Soils: Dry and rocky soils.
Availability & Ordering
PINE PINYON 18 CT TRAY
**Sign Up or Log In to See Pricing**
When ordering tray material, any 38 Ct and 50 Ct Evergreen Gro Plugs or 18 Ct cell liner trays, the order quantity must be in full tray increments.
- 7 trays of 50 Ct Gro Plugs would be 350 plants on the order line.
- 5 trays of 18 Ct trays would be 90 plants on the order line.
All bare root birch single stem must be ordered in increments of 10.
All bare root evergreen T Bedrun Four Year Old, minimum order is 25 plants per variety.
- 50GP = One year from seed, sold 50 trees per tray, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- 18 Ct Tray = Two years from seed/cutting, 3 tray mix/match minimum
- #1 Container = 3 year old tree container grown
- #5 Container = 5 year old tree container established
- T Bedrun = 4 year old field grown bare root liners/bed run
When products are available
- FALL 2022 – SPRING 2023